Header Ads Widget

Ranbir Kapoor breaks silence on ‘toxic’ tag

ranbir kapoor, toxic, red flag, alia bhatt

Bollywood star Ranbir Kapoor has opened up on the ‘toxic’ and ‘red flag’ tag given to him by social users time and again.

Watch ARY News live on live.arynews.tv

Ranbir Kapoor addressed the tags like ‘red flag’ and ‘toxic husband/boyfriend’ given to him by netizens after the remarks of his wife, actor Alia Bhatt from an interview went viral on social media.

For the unversed, in yet another absurd revelation about her husband, the ‘Gangubai Kathiawadi’ actor had said, “One thing my husband… when he wasn’t my husband but when he was my boyfriend as well… he would be like ‘wipe that off, wipe that off’ because he loves the natural colour of my lips.”

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by VOGUE India (@vogueindia)

While Bhatt thought it was a cute TMI of her relationship to share with her fans, netizens found it anything but adorable, reiterating the ‘Animal’ actor with the tag ‘red flag’ – a social media term for toxic individuals in a relationship.

Speaking about the same in a recent conversation, Kapoor said, “I feel negativity is very important especially if you are an artist and if you have some work out there I think both need to exist because then that creates a balance.”

He continued, “You know sometimes a lot of things are written about you as an actor, a lot of opinions are made which are not necessarily true and if you take it for a pinch of salt because this image of mine which has been created by the movies or the characters I play or by media is something that I don’t own. It’s owned by the public, it’s owned by people who like my work or dislike my work and they are allowed to say anything about me as long as they give my work a chance you know as long as I can prove to them as an actor and that has always been my focus – to act.”

About Bhatt’s remarks and reports around it, Kapoor added, “Recently, I was reading some article about being toxic and something relating to some statement I made and I understand this. And I am on the side of the people who are fighting for the toxic masculinity, if they use me as the face of it, it’s fine because their fight is bigger than just me feeling sad about them having an opinion about what I said. I look at a larger picture.”

It should be noted here that the B-town couple, Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt tied the knot in April last year and the duo welcomed their first child, baby girl Raha on November 6.

Ranbir Kapoor follows in Shahrukh Khan’s footsteps!



from Lifestyle News - Latest Lifestyle News, Celebrity, Fashion, and Luxury https://ift.tt/AtJv8NV

Post a Comment

0 Comments