Header Ads Widget

It took me so long to leave: Ayesha Omar speaks about her years-long abusive relationship

ayesha omar abusive relationship

A-list actor-host Ayesha Omar spoke about being in an abusive relationship with her ex-partner for eight long years.

In a new tell-all with the former supermodel turned entrepreneur, Frieha Altaf, on her podcast ‘FWhy’, the ‘Habs’ star spoke at length about her professional and personal life and her relationship status.

Watch ARY News live on live.arynews.tv

The diva revealed that she was in an abusive relationship for several years and was even ready to marry that person, with families involved. “I don’t want to talk about the relationship in detail because it took me so long to leave the person, as I always thought he would eventually change and become better – or that I could fix him,” Omar shared with the host.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Ayesha Omar (@ayesha.m.omar)

She added, “Even after eight years of going back and forth, the relationship was full of physical abuse and so much verbal abuse, so I left.”

“He was so fond of swearing and even told me that he curses at me to show his affection. I mean, I use profanity too while sitting amongst friends, but not for publically demeaning someone,” the actor explained.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Ayesha Omar (@ayesha.m.omar)

Omar also mentioned that she shares a cordial relationship with her former partner, and considers him a family. “I hope he has resolved his issues, as I understand that every supposedly ‘crazy’ behaviour has mental and childhood trauma behind it. Unfortunately, some people just release that trauma in an abusive or physical manner, rather than dealing with it,” concluded the actor.

Ayesha Omar is ‘ready’ to start a family soon

Meanwhile, on the professional front, Ayesha Omar is best known for her breakthrough performance as Khoobsurat in ARY Digital’s long-running sitcom, ‘Bulbulay’. She was last seen in the superhit serial ‘Habs’.



from Lifestyle News - Latest Lifestyle News, Celebrity, Fashion, and Luxury https://ift.tt/5CQ1cdY

Post a Comment

0 Comments