Header Ads Widget

Do you know: Raveena Tandon once quit acting following engagement with Akshay Kumar!

bollywood, akshay kumar, raveena tandon engagement

Once among the most popular B-Town couples, Raveena Tandon and Akshay Kumar got secretly engaged in 1995, and the former was even ready to quit her career for the same.

Raveena Tandon and Akshay Kumar rose to immense popularity as a couple following their sizzling chemistry in ‘Mohra’ (1994) and were shipped by Bollywood fans. Rumours were rife in the tinsel town that the two were engaged and secretly got married.

Though the former couple later accepted publicly that they exchanged rings earlier, however, had always refuted the speculations, that they ever tied the knot.

Watch ARY News live on live.arynews.tv

The ‘Aranyak’ actor addressed the secret engagement with the co-star during a chat show outing in the past, when she described it as a ‘voluntary decision’. She said, “I was engaged to somebody I knew. This is what I wanted, to lead a very normal life.”

Tandon also divulged, “I quit in advance before marriage because we did think that when there will be last day of my shoot, we will go ahead and get married.”

“Once I re-started my career, he [Kumar] again said that leave it and we will go ahead with the wedding. But, then I told him that once I chose you over my career, but now I will choose my career over you,” she added.

Tandon also clarified that they never got married and that it was just an engagement ceremony. “There was a very elaborate engagement ceremony. With the pandit doing pooja and everything. His family had flown down from Delhi, my family came from Delhi. One of his elders had put a red dupatta on my head, and I think that was mistaken to be a wedding.”

When questioned in an interview, Kumar also maintained that “it was only an engagement which broke up later.”

“But excuse me, we were not married at all,” he cleared adding that the two were quite on ‘talking terms’ after the breakup.

It is pertinent to mention that Tandon accused Kumar of having multiple flings during their relationship period. She confessed to have caught the fiance red-handed with Rekha and Sushmita Sen, while, there was conjecture about him cheating on Tandon with actor Shilpa Shetty as well.

“I think loyalty meant a lot to me, but it did not mean so much to him,” noted Tandon at another occasion. “He expected me to forgive and take him back every time. I did that for three years until it was the last round.”

“Akshay proposes to every girl and the speed on which he is going, he will soon have to address the parents of three-fourth of girls in Mumbai as ‘Mom and Dad’,” said Tandon once about ex-fiance.

Also read: Akshay Kumar will do THIS if Chris Rock jokes about wife Twinkle

Both the celebs are now having successful marriages with their respective others. Akshay Kumar got married to former Bollywood actor Twinkle Khanna in 2001 and the couple has two children together.

On the other hand, Raveena Tandon tied the knot with film distributor Anil Thadani and is parenting four kids including two adopted daughters.



from Lifestyle News - Latest Lifestyle News, Celebrity, Fashion, and Luxury https://ift.tt/B5LA73i

Post a Comment

0 Comments